The Event Calendar located at: http://www.cmu.edu/events/ is the place to view Carnegie Mellon events available to the public. More events are available for Carnegie Mellon students, faculty, and staff from the university portal event calendar located at http://my.cmu.edu.
This system allows campus organizations to announce events and make available RSVP and contact information and fees if applicable.
Ways to find and view events:
- Events Homepage
- View Events
- Search Events
- Event Details
By default, a listing of approximately 15 events is displayed from the homepage.
NOTE: An event designated as a "Featured Event" indicates an event of wider community interest (e.g. a visit & presentation by Michael Moore).
- Click an EVENT TITLE to expand more details about the event including a brief description, where and when the event is taking place.
- Click "MORE" to see even more details including RSVP and contact information about that particular event.
VIEW EVENTS" link:
A link labeled "View Events" is located under the search box at the bottom of the homepage and available at the top of the "View Events" pages.
- Click "View Events":
- A calendar of the current month will display with events listed for each day of that month.
- Some days will have a "MORE" link to view more events for that day. Click the "MORE" link to view more events for that day.
- Click the event title to view the details of that event.
Ways to customize your view:
1. Drop-down menus to select view by event "Calendar" or by event "Type":
At the top of the page, drop-down menus are provided. You can select to view events listed by a particular "Calendar" or by an event "Type" or by a combination of the two.
2. Day, Week, Month navigation:
- Make a selection from the drop-down menu(s).
- Click "SHOW"
- Located under the "Month, Year" title bar at the top of the page is a "Day, Week, Month" navigation bar with an arrow on either end.
- Click on "Day" to view all events for today.
- Click on "Week" to view all events for this week.
- Click on "Month" to view all events for this month.
- Click the "left" or "right" arrows to go to the previous or next day, week, or month (depending on which calendar view you are in).
"SEARCH FOR EVENTS" box:
A search box is provided on each screen of the event calendar.
- On the events homepage, the search box is located at the bottom of the event listings.
- On the "View Events" pages, the search box is at the top of each page.
- Enter your search terms into the search box and click "Search". A search results page will appear.
Event Details view:
To show the full details for an event:
- On the events homepage: click the "MORE" link associated with an event description.
- On the "View Events" pages: click the event title.
For additional help, contact:
Computing Services Help Center
Cyert Hall, Room A50
5000 Forbes Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
Phone: 412-268-HELP (4357)